Migration Solutions for ColdFusion Applications to ASP.NET

New Atlanta Product Forums Profile | Search | Login | RSS
New Topic Reply   Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page

Thread: global bluedragon.xml and jvm classpath
Created on: 05/04/08 03:01 AM Replies: 2
atomi

global bluedragon.xml and jvm classpath
05/04/08 3:01 AM

If the bluedragon jars were loaded into the jvm global classpath and a single bluedragon.xml was set for several contexts in their respective web.xml files, is it possible to set individual configuration directories (i.e tempdirectory) for each context? I can guess there would be session/race condition problems otherwise - is using bluedragon in this manner just not viable, or not designed to function this way?
Link | Top | Bottom
atomi

RE: global bluedragon.xml and jvm classpath
05/04/08 11:45 AM

i've been playing a little with this and i was able to get every jar file to load through the common class loader except for OpenBlueDragon.jar - that went into the app class loader, and i was able to create separate configuration directories for each context. I'm just not sure of what problems to expect if any by doing this.
Link | Top | Bottom

RE: global bluedragon.xml and jvm classpath
05/05/08 4:35 AM

You're right, it's not designed to function that way. So setting individual configuration directories per context isn't possible via the single bluedragon.xml.

By using the same bluedragon.xml you certainly risk the possibility of 2 bluedragon instances trying to write to the file at the same time and ultimately corrupting the file.

Further still, if the instances are pointing to the same directory for cfmail then you'll most likely get issues when sending emails as the multiple bluedragon mail sending threads battle it out for the spooled emails.
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post
Please login to post a response.

company media information terms of use privacy policy contact us
This page was dynamically built on the BlueDragon CFML Engine