New Atlanta Product Forums Profile | Search | Login | RSS
New Topic Reply   Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page

Thread: Error while working with Spring
Created on: 06/22/10 10:16 AM Replies: 6
spparmar

Error while working with Spring
06/22/10 10:16 AM

Hi,
I am using ServletExec 4.1, while working with spring during server initialization I get following error.

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoad erUtils.loadAllProperties(PropertiesLoaderUtils.ja va:103)

Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks
-SP
Link | Top | Bottom
mattm

RE: Error while working with Spring
06/22/10 10:28 AM

I don't know.
You might want to take a look at line # 103 of the source code mentioned in the trace.
I'm not sure which version of Spring you are using but I found possibly relevant source code here:

http://kickjava.com/src/org/springframework/core/io/support/PropertiesLoaderUtils.java.htm

Since this issue is clearly within the Spring code, you may want to ask this question on a Spring Forum.

Matt
Matt McGinty, New Atlanta Technical Support
Link | Top | Bottom
spparmar

06/22/10 10:33 AM

The reason why I posted here is the initialization runs fine on Tomcat and Websphere but would not work on ServletExec server.

Is there a possibility that there is compliance issue with ServletExec 4.1 ?

By the way, I am using Spring 3.0
Link | Top | Bottom
mattm

06/22/10 11:31 AM

It looks like Spring 3.0 requires Servlet 2.4 or higher.
SE 4.x supports Servlet 2.3.
I suggest you use SE 5.x AS or SE 6.x AS :
http://www.newatlanta.com/c/support/servletexec/self_help/faq/detail?faqId=384

If Spring 3.0 works for you with Tomcat and Websphere, I can only assume that you are using versions of Tomcat and Websphere that support Servlet 2.4 or higher.

Matt
Link | Top | Bottom
mattm

06/22/10 11:44 AM

Also, SE 4.x supports JVM 1.2, 1.3, & 1.4.
But Struts 3.0 requires JVM 1.5.

SE 5.x and 6.x both support JVM 1.5 and 1.6

Matt
Link | Top | Bottom
spparmar

06/29/10 7:09 AM

Now I am using jvm 1.4 with Spring 2.5.6

still ServletExec 4.1 gives following error

ServletExec: caught exception - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoaderUtils.loadAllProperties(PropertiesLoaderUtils.java:103)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver.<init>(PluggableSchemaResolver.java:98)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver.<init>(PluggableSchemaResolver.java:79)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DelegatingEntityResolver.<init>(DelegatingEntityResolver.java:62)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver.<init>(ResourceEntityResolver.java:67)
   at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.<init>(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:135)
   at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:82)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:101)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:389)
   at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:324)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:331)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:265)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:235)
   at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:126)
   at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.CallServletInit(ServletExec.java:1602)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletContext.java:47)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplServletContext.java:113)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ApplicationInfo.java:5917)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.LoadExternalServlets(ServerHostInfo.java:2696)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.LoadExternalServlets(ServletExec.java:3308)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java:723)
   at com.newatlanta.servletexec.ServletExec.Init(ServletExec.java:616)
   at com.newatlanta.sedebugger.ServletExecDebugger.<init>(ServletExecDebugger.java:170)
   at ServletExecDebuggerMain.main(ServletExecDebuggerMain.java:29)
Link | Top | Bottom
mattm

07/05/10 10:36 AM

Summary
-------

If you wish to run a Spring-enabled webapp on ServleExec then I recommend you use the latest version of Spring [3.x] on the latest version of ServletExec AS [6.x].

Details
-------

Looking here:
http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/2.5.6/reference/new-in-2.html

It appears that Spring 2.5.x supports JAX-WS 2.0/2.1, as included in Java 6 and Java EE 5.

SE 4.x is bundled with older XML parsing JARs which may very well not mesh well with the XML classes that are bundled with Spring 2.5.x (or newer).

SE 6.x supports JAX-WS 2.0

JVM 1.4.x has some XML class caveats which may be compounding this issue:

http://www.newatlanta.com/c/support/servletexec/self_help/faq/detail?faqId=241

It appears that Spring 2.5.6 supports (i.e. needs) JSF 1.2.
SE 4.x was never tested with any JSF and so does not officially support JSF.
SE 5.x supports JSF 1.0
SE 6.x supports JSF 1.2

ServletExec 4.x reached End of Life [EOL] a few years ago.

The Spring community has most likely tested Spring on various Servlet/JSP containers to ensure proper operation on those containers and very likely fixed issues such as this when they occured on those containers. I doubt the Spring community has tested Spring on ServletExec with the same level of interest.

Matt
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post
Please login to post a response.

company media information terms of use privacy policy contact us
This page was dynamically built on the BlueDragon CFML Engine