Migration Solutions for ColdFusion Applications to ASP.NET

New Atlanta Product Forums Profile | Search | Login | RSS
New Topic Reply   Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page

Thread: BlueDragon open source to be unveiled at cf.Objective() 2008
Created on: 03/24/08 04:02 PM Replies: 0
vinceb

BlueDragon open source to be unveiled at cf.Objective() 2008
03/24/08 4:02 PM

We now have a date and location for the public unveiling of the open source BlueDragon project. The organizers of cf.Objective() 2008 have generously allocated a two-hour timeslot for a Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) session on Saturday, May 3 starting at 7:30 pm where I'll publicly demonstrate and release the open source BlueDragon project for the first time. I plan to organize this session into three parts:

(1) For those who aren't interested in the source code, but just want to get up and running as quickly as possible, I'll demonstrate how to download and install the BlueDragon binaries on Tomcat and JBoss. I'll give a quick overview of the J2EE webapp and WAR file structure, and show how to edit the bludragon.xml configuration file to perform common tasks such as adding datasources and mappings, and how to enable/disable debug output.

(2) For those who are interested in the source code, I'll demonstrate how to download and install the BlueDragon open source project into Eclipse, how to configure debugging, and give an overview of the source code so you can find your way around. I'll also show how to create your own CFML tags and functions. Anyone interested in this portion should review Adam Haskell's tutorial on JBoss, Eclipse, and BlueDragon prior to the BOF.

(3) We'll end with a Q&A session that could very easily end up at the bar with me buying the first round.

As is common with BOF sessions, the structure will be informal and fluid to accomodate the needs and desires of the attendees; there won't be any formal handouts, though I may create some brief notes (time permitting). All demonstrations will be done on both Linux and Windows.

I'd like to thank all of the cf.Objective() organizers, especially Sean Corfield, for graciously making their venue available and for giving their attendees the opportunity to be the very first to see and touch open source BlueDragon. I've heard cf.Objective() is a great conference and am looking forward to attending for the first time.
Vince Bonfanti, New Atlanta
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post
Please login to post a response.

company media information terms of use privacy policy contact us
This page was dynamically built on the BlueDragon CFML Engine