New Atlanta Product Forums Profile | Search | Login | RSS
New Topic Reply   Previous Page  Page: 1   Next Page

Thread: CFML parser?
Created on: 04/16/08 01:45 PM Replies: 3
mgaulin

CFML parser?
04/16/08 1:45 PM

Hi
The CFEclipse project is looking for a more-robust CFML parser that could be integrated into that popular tool.

Q: Do you think that the OS release of the blue dragon engine could include the CFML grammar that was used to generate the parser (assuming a tool like ANTLR or JavaCC was used)?

A stand-alone CFML parser would be great for the CFML community at large, and having access to some or all of the parser in BD would go a long way towards reaching that goal (if it was allowed by the license).

Something to consider...

Thanks
- Mark
Link | Top | Bottom
paulbonfanti

RE: CFML parser?
04/17/08 9:26 AM

All of the code in bluedragon including the CFML parsing code will be released as OS. So it will be possible for someone to extract the CFML parser code and use it as a stand-alone app. I've never investigated this though so I don't know how hard this will be to do.
Paul Bonfanti, New Atlanta
Link | Top | Bottom
mgaulin

04/17/08 9:43 AM

That's great to hear. Do you know if the parser was created using a code generater like Antlr or JavaCC? If so, the grammar input to these code generators would be very useful, possibly even more than the parser in BD itself (since it might be easier to adapt to other purposes).

Either way though, that is very good to hear.

Thanks
- Mark
Link | Top | Bottom
paulbonfanti

04/17/08 9:57 AM

JavaCC was only used for the parts of the parser that parse query-of-query statements and script statements. I imagine the grammar input will be open sourced with the source.
Paul Bonfanti, New Atlanta
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post
Please login to post a response.

company media information terms of use privacy policy contact us
This page was dynamically built on the BlueDragon CFML Engine